Sunday, June 6, 2010

Farewell

Sunset - Perth Friday 30 May 2010 - Taken by Melanie Charles


As this golden sphere of fire tints the earth in a brilliant orange and wishes us farewell for another magnificent day, which will become history, and one which will vanish with time, it leaves me standing infront of a square edged mirror, so that that i can still see forward, and always reflect.

This trip has been a milestone in my life. I feel that as im getting older, Im beginning to understand how un-important my little problems are, and how important it is to live my life. Life. Exactly what does that mean ? Would it be easy if you could read it in a book, or see it in a movie or have someone tell you the meaning. Do you have to loose some you love, or come close to death ? Do you have to see your partner standing before you in pledge of love or perhaps see your first child being born ? Do you have to take an adventure where every day brings a new suprise, not one that is purchased, but one that is given to by virtue of the question which placed you where you are, or will you wait for life to fall into your lap ? Whatever it is, make it happen, because you time on earth, like this sunset, will come to an end, you too will reflect, and the quetion you will ask yourself is, does my mirror reflect the life i wanted.

Thank you


We would both like to thank everyone who had joined our blog and followed our journey through the red center. It has been one of the very fantastic experiences of my life. And I would most definitely do it again. Having said that, my parents will be driving the van along the gibb river road to Darwin and they are very keen to continue the legend. This trip will start on the 5th of june so stay posted.

I want to say a very very special thank you to Zoe. She has made thjs trip unreal She printed off maps and made an actual travel plan of places to stay and things to see along the way. Her cooking has been superb and fit for only the royal. She has been an excellent travel companion and her effort in this trip has just made the biggest difference in the world.

I would like to extend my thank you to Zoe’s mom who paid for the food. Thanks ma. As I mentioned before, the food made this trip for me. Thank you so much for feeding me.

I want to thank Mark at the Delica shop for helping me source parts in preparation of getting the van ready in time. Thanks Mark. Check his site out if you need Delica Parts. Thank you very much Mark. www.delicashop.com

Thank you Phil for all the work you did on the Delica and on your Sundays where you should have been spending time with your wife and kids.

I would like to thank my employers for giving me the time off work. Dwayne and Innexus. Thank you for making this possible for me.

Thanks Craig for lending me your farm while the van was offline and being worked on. And to my parents and sister to made the cook book.

Thank you Bjoern and Paul Shepard for you help and advice. I left all the wiser and a little more prepared and it really did pay off.

Lastly, I want to say thank you to my girl Aeysha who has been patient and understanding and supportive about this whole trip. She has shared my excitement, and been so great about everything. I can only imagine how at times she must have felt left out. Don’t worry bubba, our time is coming very soon. Thank you for being you and a one of a kind human being. Im lucky to have you in my life.

If anyone has any questions, there is a comment box at the bottom of the page. Ask away and we would be super keen to inspire you to see what we have see.

No comments:

Post a Comment